Our professional development programs provide a range of opportunities for school personnel, from the TABS Annual Conference, the leading conference for administrators, to workshops and seminars (both site-based and online) for targeted audiences. Read more below.
- TABS Annual Conference - this popular event continues to be the leading education conference for boarding school heads, deans of admission, residential life specialists, faculty, and staff. It offers an environment to learn best practices in formal settings through workshops, concurrent sessions, and nationally renowned keynote speakers, and informally through receptions, luncheons, and breaks.
- Global Symposium - This brand new conference brings together school teachers, educators, students and experts in the global community to learn from each other and to explore current practices and promising ways forward.
- TABS3D Webinar Series - Buy a subscription for your school, and your entire staff has access (live and on-demand 24/7) to our Online Professional Development community, TABS3D, where we host over 40 new high-quality, interactive webcasts each school year, led by experts and peers in the industry
- Summer Session - This annual program now consists of four exciting programs: This is The Life! Boot Camp, Residential Life Academy, The New Teacher Academy and Admission Academy! This years programing will expand your knowledge base and benefit your campus community as you participate in a myriad of timely topics chosen for their relevance to your schools mission of guiding and shaping young lives. Join TABS at Boston University this summer!
- The Independent School Conference on Law & Policy - Join your colleagues across the country for ISCLP, a tightly-focused, interactive workshop all about how independent schools manage risk. This new program is brought to you in collaboration by Campus Outreach Services (COS) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
- TABS Lab: Res Life Leadership Workshop - This 3-day, hands-on workshop is most appropriate for Deans and Assistant Deans of Students, Directors and Assistant Directors of Residential Life, and Dorm Heads. It thoroughly explores how to create an intentional community and a life skills curriculum that will enhance the dormitory, boost faculty expertise and retention, and elevate the entire institution and community. Return to your school with the nucleus of a plan and the tools necessary to transform your school’s Residential Life program from adequate to exceptional. Bring your computers, and a willingness to participate.
- NEW! TABS Reports - From Diversity Reports to Country Briefings to Boarding Trends & StatsResource on international student enrollment & visa information
- New & Improved! TABS Discussion Forums on LinkedIn put you in contact with professionals learning from one another, seeking advice and offering solutions. We now also have track-specific subgroups.
- TABS' Boarding School Admission Application streamlines the admission process with downloadable forms for families.
- TABS Job Board - One of our most visited pages on the website. Recruit new talent and grow your staff. Post jobs for free!
- Affiliation with like-minded schools
- Internationally recognized resource on boarding school
- Professional development that evolves with the needs of the education industry
- Membership services that evolve with the needs of our members